This image shows the ice cream counter at W. H. Plemmons Student Union, built 1967, at Appalachian State University (1967-current). An employee stands in front of several vats of ice cream while taking a customer's ice cream order. A line of students can be seen extending along the counter and in the background. Welborn Hall served as the main cafeteria for Appalachian State since its opening in 1925, but in the 1960s services were expanded to include an ice cream parlor and the Gold Room in Plemmons Student Union.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Copyright for the images on the Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection site is held by Appalachian State University. The images are available for free personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that proper citation is used (e.g. Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection, University Archives and Records, Special Collections, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC). Any commercial use of the materials, without the written permission of the Appalachian State University, is strictly prohibited. Please refer to the collection Web site for more information
The Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Digitization Project is supported with federal Library Service and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources through the North Carolina ECHO, 'Exploring Cultural Heritage Online' Digitization Grant Program.
This content is not yet available. Please check back.