This image shows registered nurse Mary S. Shook looking at an x-ray at Appalachian State University (1967-current). Mary S. Shook was a registered nurse for the University since 1949 and retired in 1983. In 1968, Health Services was located in Hagaman Hall, built 1952, and was expanded to include a full-time physician, six registered nurses. It offered x-rays, treatment minor injuries and illnesses, and inpatient care, including two wards of six beds each for males and females.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Copyright for the images on the Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection site is held by Appalachian State University. The images are available for free personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that proper citation is used (e.g. Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection, University Archives and Records, Special Collections, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC). Any commercial use of the materials, without the written permission of the Appalachian State University, is strictly prohibited. Please refer to the collection Web site for more information
The Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Digitization Project is supported with federal Library Service and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources through the North Carolina ECHO, 'Exploring Cultural Heritage Online' Digitization Grant Program.
This content is not yet available. Please check back.