This image shows two students wrestling in the gymnasium at Appalachian High School (1938-1965), also known as the Demonstration High School, in Chapell Wilson Hall, built 1938. Other members of the wrestling team are seen seated in the background. Appalachian High School was a joint venture between Appalachian State Teachers College (1929-1967) and Watauga County Schools, wherein Watauga students would be taught by Appalachian State faculty and students.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Copyright for the images on the Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection site is held by Appalachian State University. The images are available for free personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that proper citation is used (e.g. Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection, University Archives and Records, Special Collections, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC). Any commercial use of the materials, without the written permission of the Appalachian State University, is strictly prohibited. Please refer to the collection Web site for more information
The Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Digitization Project is supported with federal Library Service and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources through the North Carolina ECHO, 'Exploring Cultural Heritage Online' Digitization Grant Program.
This content is not yet available. Please check back.