This image shows librarian Vera Tunnell and several students threading film through a projector in the D. D. Dougherty Library, built 1935, at Appalachian State Teachers College (1929-1967). In 1956, the library boasted a 150,000 book capacity, and 68,000 actual volumes. Audio-visual materials were moved to the Education Building in the Audio-Visual Center after 1956. Plant and insect specimens are on display in the background.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Copyright for the images on the Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection site is held by Appalachian State University. The images are available for free personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that proper citation is used (e.g. Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection, University Archives and Records, Special Collections, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC). Any commercial use of the materials, without the written permission of the Appalachian State University, is strictly prohibited. Please refer to the collection Web site for more information
The Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Digitization Project is supported with federal Library Service and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources through the North Carolina ECHO, 'Exploring Cultural Heritage Online' Digitization Grant Program.
This content is not yet available. Please check back.