This image shows the southern corner of the second Administration Building at Appalachian State Teachers College (1929-1967) in the 1960s. The second Administration Building was built in 1924 and destroyed by fire in 1966. The building was originally located on the Promenade, facing southeast, approximately where the first Belk Library, built 1968, is located. Students can be seen standing in the street and cars are parked in the foreground. The sign reads, "Street closed to all traffic and parking."
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Copyright for the images on the Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection site is held by Appalachian State University. The images are available for free personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that proper citation is used (e.g. Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection, University Archives and Records, Special Collections, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC). Any commercial use of the materials, without the written permission of the Appalachian State University, is strictly prohibited. Please refer to the collection Web site for more information
The Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Digitization Project is supported with federal Library Service and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources through the North Carolina ECHO, 'Exploring Cultural Heritage Online' Digitization Grant Program.
This content is not yet available. Please check back.