This image shows the Mountaineer Playhouse performing the play "A Thurber Carnival" at Appalachian State University (1967-current) in the summer of 1971. Three actors can be seen on a stage, two sitting on crates and a third standing between them. A screen showing an image of bunnies can be seen in the background. The Mountaineer Playhouse was a community theatre company established in the summer of 1971 by Professor Ed Pilkington in the Department of Speech and Theatre. Working primarily out of Chapell Wilson Hall, built 1938, the group performed summer productions using local professional actors and student interns.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Copyright for the images on the Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection site is held by Appalachian State University. The images are available for free personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that proper citation is used (e.g. Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection, University Archives and Records, Special Collections, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC). Any commercial use of the materials, without the written permission of the Appalachian State University, is strictly prohibited. Please refer to the collection Web site for more information
The Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Digitization Project is supported with federal Library Service and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources through the North Carolina ECHO, 'Exploring Cultural Heritage Online' Digitization Grant Program.
This content is not yet available. Please check back.