This image shows the Board of Trustees standing outside at Appalachian State Teachers College (1929-1967) in the 1960s. The Board of Trustees have been a governing body of the College since it became a state-sponsored institution in 1903. The Board of Trustees was formed of members representing regional areas of Western North Carolina and managed Appalachian policies, finances, and development until 1971, when it became part of the University of North Carolina system. It now oversees Appalachian State under the University System's Board of Governors.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Copyright for the images on the Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection site is held by Appalachian State University. The images are available for free personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that proper citation is used (e.g. Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection, University Archives and Records, Special Collections, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC). Any commercial use of the materials, without the written permission of the Appalachian State University, is strictly prohibited. Please refer to the collection Web site for more information
The Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Digitization Project is supported with federal Library Service and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources through the North Carolina ECHO, 'Exploring Cultural Heritage Online' Digitization Grant Program.
This content is not yet available. Please check back.