This image shows one of the hallways in Kerr Scott Hall, built 1961, in August 1967. Paint splattered oil drums can be seen on the left. Kerr Scott Hall served as home for the Department of Industrial Arts and Technical Education in the College of Fine and Applied Arts at Appalachian State Teachers College (1929-1967). It was expanded in 1986, and now houses the Department of Technology. It replaced an older building known as the Arts and Crafts Building, built 1917, that housed the Manual Training Program, the precursor to the Industrial Arts Program. This image shows the northern entrance, with cars parked on the left and one on a gravel drive in front of the building. The building was rededicated as Katherine Harper Hall in 2007.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Copyright for the images on the Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection site is held by Appalachian State University. The images are available for free personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that proper citation is used (e.g. Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Collection, University Archives and Records, Special Collections, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC). Any commercial use of the materials, without the written permission of the Appalachian State University, is strictly prohibited. Please refer to the collection Web site for more information
The Appalachian State University Historical Photographs Digitization Project is supported with federal Library Service and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources through the North Carolina ECHO, 'Exploring Cultural Heritage Online' Digitization Grant Program.
This content is not yet available. Please check back.