"Mary, Mary our Secretary"
Recorded on Thursday, April 27, 1972 in Greensboro, NC for the Greensboro Educational Secretaries Association, Dr. Abrams presents an after dinner speech, “Mary, Mary our Secretary.” The speech is presented here in two segments.
Dr. Abrams provides an overdubbed introduction to the speech; next, his opening remarks and stories.
- Back-to-back speeches in West Virginia (The Gideon Bible story)
- The three kinds of speeches
- Selling a bicycle
- Beethoven’s spinster
In the second audio file, Dr. Abrams speaks to the importance of secretaries.
- No substitutes for good secretaries
- Two stories: the value of secretaries and relationships developed
- “It’s not where you start from…”