"Then and (Oh, My Gosh) Now"
On June 11, 1971, Dr. Abrams presented his speech “Then and (Oh, My Gosh) Now” at the Duke University Joint Reunion Banquet, Classes 1925-1928. The banquet was held at the Cambridge Inn, Duke Union, Durham, North Carolina.
Dr. Abrams begins with his opening remarks and stories (many of these stories are the best openers from other speeches in this collection).
- Including the Apex introduction and the Gideon Bible story
- Reminiscing about his college days at Duke
And oh, my gosh…
- Polyester pants-suit vibrations?
- More expensive to stay in a hospital than a hotel?
- Cohabitation in Duke University dormitories?
The influence of teachers: whose unsigned manuscript are you?
In the second audio file, the banquet continues with its folklore theme, with music from Frank Warner and his two sons, Jonathan and Garrett.