Appalachian State University Historical Timelines
Campus Buildings: 1910 - 1919
1911: Science Hall completed, destroyed by fire in 1946 with Watauga Academy.
1915: New River Light and Power Plant constructed on Edminsten Farm, services campus and six Boone customers.
1915: Campus buildings wired for electricity.
1915: Second Lovill Home completed.
1915: First Lovill Home becomes Lovill Annex, used primarily as women’s dorm during summer school.
1917: Arts and Crafts Building/Gymnasium/Industrial Arts Building constructed, demolished late 1930s.
Project made possible by North Carolina: Preserving Cultural Heritage Online (NCECHO) through funds from the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) and the Institute of Museum and Library Sciences (IMLS).