Appalachian State University Historical Timelines
Campus Buildings: 1920 - 1929
1920: Justice Residence Hall completed, demolished early 1950s.
1923: New River Light and Power hydropower plant on Edminsten Farm destroyed by fire.
1924: New hydropower plant completed on Edminsten Farm.
1924: New River Steam Generator Power Plant on Appalachian Campus completed, demolished mid-1990s.
1924: Second Administration Building completed, destroyed by fire 1966.
1924: Women’s Gymnasium completed, demolished for Welborn addition, 1956-57.
1924: First White Residence Hall completed, demolished 1968.
1925: Central Dining Hall/Cafeteria/Welborn Hall completed, slated for demolition 2008.
1925: Boone Grade School/Appalachian Elementary/Old Education Building, demolished mid-1960s.
1929: Dauph-Blan Residence Hall completed, demolished 1980.
Project made possible by North Carolina: Preserving Cultural Heritage Online (NCECHO) through funds from the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) and the Institute of Museum and Library Sciences (IMLS).