Appalachian State University Historical Timelines
The General Events Timeline covers events in Appalachian State history from 1899 to 2008.
- Watauga Academy (1899-1903)
- Appalachian Training School (1903-1925)
- Appalachian State Normal School (1925-1929)
- Appalachian State Teachers College (1929-1967)
- Appalachian State University (1967-current)
It contains a sampling of events, including sports, student life, student housing, administration changes, curriculum and policy changes, organizations, student government, and major events.
Events are separated by decade and selected
textual examples have been hyperlinked to related
images from the Appalachian State Historical
Photograph Digitization Project
Project made possible by North Carolina: Preserving Cultural Heritage Online (NCECHO) through funds from the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) and the Institute of Museum and Library Sciences (IMLS).